Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a public university founded in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
SUSTech offers an unparalleled learning and research experience at the scientific and technological frontiers.
SUSTech offers unprecedented opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to work alongside the faculty to explore and tackle both fundamental and practical problems.
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.
The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.
The SUSTech Education Foundation consists of board of directors, board of supervisors and secretariat. The board of directors is the top of the power structure of the foundation; the board of supervisors is responsible to check finance and accounting information in accordance with law and regulations; secretariat is the standing administrative unit of the foundation, which is responsible to the daily work of the foundation under the leading of leaders in the board of directors.
Since 2012, SUSTech's faculty and students have published a total of 641 academic papers (including 114 conference papers and 16 academic works) and won 1 provincial science and technology award.
Professor Wang Huaiqing has won the second award of the 2012 Shanghai Natural Science prize, which is the first provincial science and technology award in works. In 2014, associate professor Wei Zhiyi from the Department of Biology published papers named Crystal structure of the RNA-guided immune surveillance Cascade complex in Escherichia coli in Nature Research, which was the first SUSTech paper to be published in the prestigous journal. Professors Guo Xugang, Wang Guanyu, Huang Wei and Chen Yifan also published scholarly monograph respectively and fulfilled the zero breakthrough of academic monographs of SUSTech. As one of the main authors, Professor Chen Yifan led the development of the IEEE International standard 1906.1 Nanoscale and molecular communication architecture, which is the first international standard in which SUSTech has participated.
• Table I List of some represented papers
• Li Chuangchuang's research group published papers on Angewandte Chemie Edition (2014-12-17)
• He Jiaqing's research group published papers on the world-class journal Advanced Functional Materials (2014-10-20)
• Li Chuangchuang's research group published papers on American Chemical Society Journal (2014-09-30)
• Associate professor Guo Xugang published papers on Chemical Reviews (2014-09-05)
• Professor He Jiaqing's research group published two papers on Nature Communications and Journal of American Chemical Society (2014-08-20)
• Wei Zhiyi's research group of our school published papers on Nature. (2014-08-15)
• Professor He Jiaqing's research group of our school published papers on subordinate journal of Nature, Nature Materials (2014-07-02)
• He Jiankui's research group of our school published papers on Science Report (2015-05-11)
• Professor Liu Junguo published papers on Science (2015-07-04)
In the field of intellectual property, since 2012 SUSTech and its faculty has declared a total of 106 patents and been authorized 13.
On September 3, 2013, the utility model patent "one PECVD coating system (patent No. 201320237404.3)" declared by associate professor He Zhubing was approved, which was the first patent of SUSTech, and on February 18 2015, the Method using anode slag of electrolytic manganese for preparation of metal-doped manganese dioxide powder and the application declared by Professor Lu Guangzhou was approved, and became the first patent approved for an invention of the university.