Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a public university founded in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
SUSTech offers an unparalleled learning and research experience at the scientific and technological frontiers.
SUSTech offers unprecedented opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to work alongside the faculty to explore and tackle both fundamental and practical problems.
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.
The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.
The main duties of SUSTCEF is to accept the donations from the domestic and foreign associations, enterprises, trading companies and individuals, and establish the funding projects depending on the demands of the university and the wishes of the donors.
12/2016-present: Professor, Math Department, Southern University of Science and Technology, China
1/2012-12/ 2016: Reader, School of Business & Economics, Loughborough University
5/2009-1/2012: Senior Lecturer, School of Business & Economics, Loughborough University
9/2006-4/2009: Lecturer, Business School, Loughborough University
9/2004-8/2006: Part-time lecturer, Computer Science Department, Loughborough University
10/2002-8/2004: Lecturer/Senior lecturer, School of Business & Computing, the University of Derby
3/2002-9/2002 Teaching Assistant, School of Business & Computing, the University of Derby
9/2000-3/2002 Sessional Lecturer, School of Math & Computing, the University of Derby
7/1999-3/2000 Software Engineer (freelance), Valiant Technology Ltd, London
9/1994-9/1995 Software Engineer (PT), Technical Development Ltd. Zhejiang University China
10/1991-9/1995 Lecturer, Zhejiang University, China
7/1983-9/1991 Lecturer/Assistant Lecturer, Petroleum University, China
Educational Background :
PhD in Computer Science, The University of Derby, UK (3/2000-8/2004)
MSc in Information Technology, Loughborough University, UK (9/1998-1/2000)
BSc in Automation, Petroleum University, China (9/1979-6/1983)
Fellowship of the British Computer Society (FBCS)
Chartered IT Professional (CITP) of British Computer Society (BCS)
Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, The University of Derby, obtained in June 2007
Publications(after 2001) :
1. Prasanna, R., Yang, L., King, M., Huggins, T. J. (2017) ‘Information systems architecture for fire emergency response’, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, in press.
2. Green, D, Yu, D, Pattison, I, Wilby, R, Bosher, Patel, R, Thompson, P, Trowell, K, Draycon, J, Halse, M, Yang, L, Ryley, T (2017) City-scale accessibility of emergency responders operating during flood events, Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences, 17, pp.1-16, ISSN: 1684-9981. Full text: http://www.nat-hazards-earth-syst-sci.net/17/1/2017/nhess-17-1-2017.pdf. DOI: 10.5194/nhess-17-1-2017.
3. Huang, S., Zhou, C., Yang, L., Qin, Y., Huang, X., and Hu B. (2016) ‘Transient fault tolerant control for vehicle brake-by-wire systems’, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol 149, pp148–163
4. Shan, Y., and Yang, L., (2016) ‘Fast and frugal heuristics and naturalistic decision making: a review of their commonalities and differences’, Thinking and Reasoning, DOI: 10.1080/13546783.2016.1152999
5. Green, D, Yu, D, Pattison, I, Wilby, R, Bosher, L, Patel, R, Thompson, P, Trowell, K, Draycon, J, Halse, M, Yang, L, Ryley, T (2016) Flood Impacts on Emergency Responders Operating at a City-Scale, Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences Discussions, 2016, pp.1-30, Full text: http://www.nat-hazards-earth-syst-sci-discuss.net/nhess-2016-309/. DOI: 10.5194/nhess-2016-309.
6. Yang, B and Yang, L (2016) Designing emergency response information system based on axiomatic design, International Journal of Smart Home, 10(7), pp.283-290, ISSN: 1975-4094. DOI: 10.14257/ijsh.2016.10.7.28.
7. Kumasaki, M., King, M., Arai, M., and Yang, L. (2015) Anatomy of cascading natural disasters in Japan: main modes and linkages’, Natural Hazards, Volume 80, Issue 3, pp 1425-1441
8. Prasanna, R, Yang, L, King, M (2014) Sensor networks supporting fire Emergency Response, ABU Technical Review, 2(258), pp.8-13, ISSN: 0126-6209.
9. Yang, L., Prasanna, R., and King, M., (2014) ‘GDIA: Eliciting information requirements in emergency first response’, Requirement Engineering, pp.1-18, ISSN: 0947-3602. DOI: 10.1007/s00766-014-0202-2
10. Yang L, Yang S H, and Plotnick L, (2013) ‘How the Internet of Things technology enhances emergency response operations’, Technological Forecasting and Social Changes, 80(9), pp.1854-1867, ISSN: 0040-1625.
11. Yang, L, Prasanna, R, King, M (2013) Guidance for developing human-computer interfaces for supporting fire emergency response, Risk Management, 15(3), pp.155-179, ISSN: 1460-3799. DOI: 10.1057/rm.2013.3.
12. Yang, L, Su, G, Yuan, H (2012) Design principles of integrated information platform for emergency responses: The case of 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, Information Systems Research, 23(3 PART 1), pp.761-786, ISSN: 1047-7047.
13. Shan Y, Yang L, and Kalawsky Roy, (2012) Soldier system assessment under uncertainty with evidential reasoning, IADIS International Journal on Computer Science and Information Systems, Vol. 6, No.3 pp.17-37. ISSN: 1646-3692.
14. Yang Y, May A, Yang L, and Yang S. H., (2012) ‘Opportunities for WSN for facilitating fire emergency response’, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 143 LNEE (Vol. 1), pp479-486.
15. Fayoumi, A, and Yang, L, (2012) ‘SBVR: knowledge definition, vocabulary management, and rules integrations’, The International Journal of E-Business Development, Vol. 2, No. 2, 2012, pp.70-76.
16. Li, F., Li, L., Jin, C., Wang, R., Wang, H., and Yang, L., (2012) A 3PL supplier selection model based on fuzzy sets’, Computers and Operations Research, Vol. 39, Issue 8, pp. 1879-1884, ISSN: 0305-0548.
17. Tan, W., Li, L., Xu W., Yang .F, Jiang C., Yang, L., and Choi J., (2012) ‘A role-oriented service system architecture for enterprise process collaboration’, Computers and Operations Research, Vol. 39, Issue 8, pp. 1893-1900, ISSN: 0305-0548.
18. Yang, H., Yang, L., and Yang, S., (2011) ‘Hybrid zigbee RFID sensor network for humanitarian logistics centre management’, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 34, pp 938-948.
19. Prasanna, R., Yang, L. and King, M., (2011) ''Real Time Resources”, Fire Risk Management Journal, pp 38-43.
20. Yang, L., Prasanna, R. and King, M., (2009) ''On-Site Information Systems Design for Emergency First Responders'', Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application, 10(1), pp 5-27.
21. Yang, L., Prasanna, R. and King, M., (2009) ''Situation Awareness Oriented User Interface Design for Fire Emergency Response'', Journal of Emergency Management, 7(2), pp 65-74.
22. Yang, L., Su, G. and Yuan, H., (2009) ''2008 Beijing Olympic Games: Managing Emergency Responses'', Measurement + Control, 42(9), pp 274-276, ISSN 0020-2940.
23. Yang, L. and King, M., ''Right Information = Save Lives'', Inside OR, February 2009, p 6.
24. Wang, Y.H. and Yang, L., (2008) ''Smart Home Information: A Framework for Integration and Management'', Journal of the Institute of Measurement and Control, 41(10), pp 300-304, ISSN 0020-2940.
25. L Yang, On-Site Information Sharing for Emergency Response Management, Journal of Emergency Management, Vol.5, No.5, pp.55-64, ISSN 1543-5865, September/October 2007.
26. L Yang, S H Yang, (2007) Multi-rate control scheme for Internet based control systems, IEEE Transactions on SMC (part C), 37(2), pp 185-192, ISSN 1094-6977.
27. L Yang, B Jones, and S H Yang, (2007) A Fuzzy Multi-objective Programming for Fire Stations Location through Genetic Algorithms, European Journal of Operational Research, 181(2), pp 903-915, ISSN 0377-2217.
28. L Yang, S H Yang, (2007) A Framework of Security and Safety Checking for Internet Based Control Systems, International Journal of Information and Computer Security, Vol. 1, No. ½, pp.185-200, ISSN 1744-1765
29. L Yang, (2006) Optimizing Locations of Sink Nodes in Wireless Sensor Networks using Genetic Algorithms, Journal of Measurement and Control, Vol. 39, issue 7, pp. 214-217.
30. L Yang, and B Jones, (2006) Genetic Algorithm Based Software Integration with Minimum Software Risk, Information and Software Technology, Vol. 48, Issue 3, pp. 133-141, ISSN 09505849.
31. L Yang, M Gell, C W Dawson, and M R Brown, (2006) Neural Network and GA Approaches for Dwelling Fire Occurrence Prediction, Knowledge-Based Systems, Vol.19, Issue 4, pp. 213-219, ISSN 09507051.
32. L Yang, and S H Yang, (2005) Ensure the safety and security for Internet based control systems, Journal of the Institute of Measurement and Control, Vol. 38, Issue 1, pp. 22-26, ISSN 0020-2940.
33. S H Yang, and L Yang, (2005) Automatic safety analysis of control systems, Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp178-185, ISSN 0950-4230.
34. S H Yang, and L Yang, (2005) Guidance on Design of Internet based control systems, ACTA AUTOMATICA SINICA, Vol.31, No. 1, pp.56-63, ISSN 0254-4156.
35. S H Yang, X Chen, L Tan, and L Yang, (2005) Time delay and data loss compensation for Internet-based control systems, Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp.103-118, ISSN 0142-3312.
36. S H Yang, X Zuo, L Yang, (2004) Controlling an Internet-enabled Arm Robot in an Open Control Laboratory, Assembly Automation, Vol. 24, No.3, pp.280-288, ISSN 0144-5154.
37. S H Yang, X Chen and L Yang, (2003) Integration of Control System Design and Implementation Over the Internet Using the Jini Technology, Software Practice & Experience, Vol. 33, No.12, pp.1151-1175, ISSN 1097024X.
38. S H Yang, L Yang and C H He, (2001) Improve Safety of Industrial Processes using Dynamic Operator Training Simulators, Transactions of the Institution of Chemical Engineers: Process Safety and Environmental Protection, Vol. 79, Part B, pp. 329-338, ISSN 0957-5820.
Books Chapter :
Lili YANG, Resilience requirements for emergency first responders, pp125-155, Chapter 7 in the book of “Organisational Resilience: Concepts, Integration, and Practice” edited by Ran Bhamra, CRC Press, September 2015, ISBN: 1482233576, 9781482233575
Books – Author Edited :
Huosheng HU, Lili YANG (eds), Proceedings of the 12th Chinese Automation & Computing Society Conference in the UK, Pacilance International Ltd., Loughborough, UK, September 2006, ISBN: 09533890 9 X
Organising a special Issue :
The special issue of Emergency Response at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games in the Journal of Measurement & Control, Vol 42/9, November 2009.