Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a public university founded in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
SUSTech offers an unparalleled learning and research experience at the scientific and technological frontiers.
SUSTech offers unprecedented opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to work alongside the faculty to explore and tackle both fundamental and practical problems.
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.
The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.
The main duties of SUSTCEF is to accept the donations from the domestic and foreign associations, enterprises, trading companies and individuals, and establish the funding projects depending on the demands of the university and the wishes of the donors.
Department of Mechanics and Aerospace Engineering
National University of Singapore, Ph.D, 2007
Xi’an Jiaotong University, China M.Eng, 2002
Xi’an Jiaotong University, China, B.Eng, 1999
2015.10 - present，Associate Professor, South University of Science and Technology of China
2014.10 – 2015.10, Scientist, Institute of High Performance Computing
2011.10 – 2014.09, Scientist, Data Storage Institute
2010.04 – 2011.10, Postdoctoral Associate, University of Sydney
2007.07 – 2010.04, Research Fellow, National University of Singapore
2006.11 – 2007.07, Research Associate, Nanyang Technological University
1000 Talents Program for Young Professionals
1. Yu P, Patterson JC and Lei C, A scaling analysis of transient natural convection in a reservoir model induced by iso-flux heating, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 764, 219-249, 2015.
2. Yu P, Zhou W and Yu S, Effect of the thickness of diamond-like carbon layer on local temperature increase on multi-layered structure induced by laser heating, Numerical Heat Transfer, Part A: Applications, 67, 791-807, 2015.
3. Yu P, Steady flow past a torus with aspect ratio less than 5, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 48, 393-406, 2014.
4. Yu P, Zhou W, Yu S, and Zeng Y, Laser-induced local heating and lubricant depletion in heat assisted magnetic recording systems, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 59, 36-45, 2013.
5. Yu P, Patterson JC and Lei C, A numerical simulation of transient near-shore natural convection induced by ramped iso-flux cooling, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow 38, 107-117, 2012.
6. Yu P, Zeng Y, Lee TS, Chen XB and Low HT, Numerical simulation on steady flow around and through a porous sphere, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow 36, 142-152, 2012.
7. Yu P, Numerical simulation on oxygen transfer in a porous scaffold for animal cell culture, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 55, 4043-4052, 2012.
8. Yu P, Yeo KS, Dhanabalan S and Ang SJ, A three-dimensional hybrid meshfree-Cartesian scheme for fluid-body interaction, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 88, 385-408, 2011.
9. Yu P, Zeng Y, Lee TS, Chen XB and Low HT, Steady flow around and through a permeable circular cylinder, Computers & Fluids 42, 1-12, 2011.
10. Yu P, Zeng Y, Lee TS, Bai HX and Low HT, Wake structure for flow past and through a porous square cylinder, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow 31, 141-153, 2010.
11. Wang XY, Yu P, Yeo KS and Khoo BC, SVD-GFD scheme to simulate complex moving body problems in 3D space, Journal of Computational Physics 229, 2314-2338, 2010.
12. Yu P, Lee TS, Zeng Y, Meguid SA and Low HT, A numerical technique for laminar swirling flow at the interface between porous and homogenous fluid domains, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids 60, 337-353, 2009.
13. Yu P, Zeng Y, Lee TS and Low HT, A numerical analysis of cell density effect on oxygen transport in a micro-bioreactor with a tissue engineering scaffold, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 36, 569-573, 2009.
14. Yu P and Meguid SA, Effects of wavy sidewall on vortex breakdown in an enclosed cylindrical chamber with a rotating end wall, Physics of Fluids 21, 017104, 2009.
15. Yu P, Lee TS, Zeng Y and Low HT, Fluid dynamics and oxygen transport in a micro-bioreactor with a tissue engineering scaffold, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 52, 316-327, 2009.
16. Yu P, Lee TS, Zeng Y and Low HT, A numerical analysis of effects of vortex breakdown on oxygen transport in a microbioreactor, International Communication in Heat and Mass Transfer 35, 1141-1146, 2008.
17. Yu P, Zeng Y, Lee TS and Low HT, Steady axisymmetric flow in an enclosed conical frustum chamber with a rotating bottom wall, Physics of Fluids 20, 087103, 2008.
18. Yu P, Lee TS, Zeng Y and Low HT, Characterization of flow behavior in an enclosed cylinder with a partially rotating end wall, Physics of Fluids 19, 057104, 2007.
19. Yu P, Lee TS, Zeng Y and Low HT, A numerical method for flows in porous and homogenous fluid domains coupled at the interface by stress jump, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids 53, 1755-1775, 2007.
20. Yu P, Lee TS, Zeng Y and Low HT, Effects of conical lids on vortex breakdown in an enclosed cylindrical chamber, Physics of Fluids 18, 117101, 2006.