Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a public university founded in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
SUSTech offers an unparalleled learning and research experience at the scientific and technological frontiers.
SUSTech offers unprecedented opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to work alongside the faculty to explore and tackle both fundamental and practical problems.
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.
The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.
The main duties of SUSTCEF is to accept the donations from the domestic and foreign associations, enterprises, trading companies and individuals, and establish the funding projects depending on the demands of the university and the wishes of the donors.
Department of Biomedical Engineering
2003-2007 B.S. in Optical Information Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
2008-2010 M.S. in Biomedical Engineering, University of Florida
2010-2012 Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, University of Florida
2018-now Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering. Southern University of Science and Technology
2014-2018 Professor of Biomedical Engineering, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
2013-2014 Postdoctoral Associate, University of Florida
Development of novel optical imaging techniques for fundamental and clinical applications including photoacoustic microscopy, photoacoustic computed tomography, optical coherence tomography, diffuse optical tomography and fluorescence molecular tomography.
1. Qian Chen, Heng Guo, Tian Jin, Weizhi Qi, Huikai Xie, Lei Xi* “Ultracompact high-resolution photoacoustic microscopy” Optics Letters, Accepted, 2018.
2. Wei Qin,# Tian Jin,# Heng Guo, Lei Xi* “Large-field-of-view optical resolution photoacoustic microscopy” Optics Express, 26, 4271-4278, 2018.
3. Heng Guo, Chaolong Song, Huikai Xie and Lei Xi* “Photoacoustic endomicroscopy (PAEM) based on a MEMS scanning mirror” Optics Letters, 42, 4615-4618, 2017.
4. Tian Jin, Heng Guo, Huabei Jiang, Bowen Ke and Lei Xi* “Portable optical resolution photoacoustic microscopy (pORPAM) for human oral imaging ” Optics Letters, 42, 4434-4437, 2017.
5. Lei Xi*, Tian Jin, Junli Zhou, Paul Carney, Huabei Jiang “Hybrid photoacoustic and electrophysiological recording of neurovascular communications in freely-moving rats” Neuroimage, 161, 232-240, 2017.
6. Lei Xi*, Huabei Jiang”High resolution three-dimensional photoacoustic imaging of human fingerjoints in vivo” Applied Physics Letters, 107(6), 063701, 2015.
7. Lei Xi, Chaolong Song and Huabei Jiang “Confocal photoacoustic microscopy using a single multifunctional lens,” Optics Letters, 39(11), 3328-3331, 2014.
8. Lei Xi, Minati Satpathy, Qing Zhao, Weiping Qian, Lily Yang, Huabei Jiang”HER-2/Neu targeted delivery of a nanoprobe enables dual photoacoustic and fluorescence tomography of ovarian cancer,” Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology,Biology and Medicine, 10(3), 669-677, 2014.
9. Lei Xi, Stephen Grobmyer, Guangyin Zhou, Weiping Qian, Lily Yang, Huabei Jiang”Molecular photoacoustic tomography of breast cancer using receptortargeted magnetic iron oxide as contrast agents,” Journal of Biophotonics, 7(6), 401-409, 2014.
10. Lei Xi, Stephen R. Grobmyer, Lei Wu, Ruimin Chen, Guangyin Zhou,Luke G. Gutwein, Jingjing Sun, Wenjun Liao, Qifa Zhou, Huikai Xie, and Huabei Jiang “Evaluation of breast tumor margins in vivo with intraoperative photoacoustic imaging,” Optics Express, 20(8), 8726-8731, 2012.
11. Lei Xi, Xiaoqi Li, Huabei Jiang “Design and evaluation of a hybrid photoacoustic tomography and diffuse optical tomography system for breast cancerdetection,” Medical Physics, 39(5), 2584, 2012.