Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a public university founded in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
SUSTech offers an unparalleled learning and research experience at the scientific and technological frontiers.
SUSTech offers unprecedented opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to work alongside the faculty to explore and tackle both fundamental and practical problems.
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.
The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.
The main duties of SUSTCEF is to accept the donations from the domestic and foreign associations, enterprises, trading companies and individuals, and establish the funding projects depending on the demands of the university and the wishes of the donors.
Department of Biomedical Engineering
PhD, Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong，HongKong, P.R. China，2002.1 -2006.1.
B. Engg，Materials Science and Engineering，Tongji University，Shanghai, P.R. China，1997.9 -2001.9
05/2006 – 01/2007 Research Assistant（I）, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong
02/2006 – 05/2006 Research Assistant（II）, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong
01/2007 – 05/2007 Research Associate, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong
05/2006 – 05/2011 Research Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong.
05/2007- 05/2012 Honorary Assistant Professor , Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Hong Kong
07/2011—07/2012 Research Fellow, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
07/2012-present Associate Professor，Dept. of Biomedical Engineering (primary appointment ), Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering(Joint appointment), Southern University of Science and Technology
1. Ngan,A.H.W. and Tang, B., Viscoelastic effects during unloading in depth-sensing indentation. Journal of Materials Research, 2002. 17(10): p.2604-2610.
2. Tang, B. and A.H.W. Ngan, Accurate measurement of tip-samplecontact size during nanoindentation of viscoelastic materials. Journal of Materials Research, 2003. 18(5):p. 1141-1148.
3. Tang, B., A.H.W. Ngan, and W.W. Lu, Viscoelastic effects during depth-sensing indentation of cortical bone tissues. Philosophical Magazine, 2006. 86(33-35): p.5653-5666.
4. Tang, B. and A.H.W. Ngan, Nanoindentation measurement of mechanical properties of soft solid covered by a thin liquid film. Soft Materials, 2007. 5(4): p. 169-181.
5. Tang, B., A.H.W. Ngan and W.W. Lu, An improved method for the measurement of mechanical properties of bone by nanoindentation. Journal of Materials Science-Materials in Medicine, 2007. 18(9): p. 1875-1881.
6. Tang, B., A.H.W. Ngan, and J.B. Pethica, A method to quantitatively measure the elastic modulus of materials in nanometer scaleusing atomic force microscopy. Nanotechnology, 2008. 19(49).
7. Tang, B. and A.H.W. Ngan, Nanoindentation using an atomicforce microscope. Philosophical Magazine, 2011. 91(7-9): p. 1329-1338.
8. Tang, B., K.E. Aifantis, and A.H.W. Ngan, Elastic modulus of nanostructured polymer surfaces. Materials Letters, 2012. 67(1): p. 237-240.
9. Tang, B. and A.H.W. Ngan, A rate-jump method for characterization of soft tissues using nanoindentation techniques. Soft Matter,2012. 8(22): p. 5974-5979.
10. Wen,C.Y., C.B. Wu, B. Tang, T. Wang, C.H. Yan, W.W. Lu, H. Pan, Y. Hu, and K.Y.Chiu, Collagen fibril stiffening in osteoarthritic cartilage of human beings revealed by atomic force microscopy. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 2012. 20(8): p. 916-922. （Co- first author）
11. Zhou,Z.L., Tang, B.*, A.H.W. Ngan, Z.N.Dong, and Y.S. Wu, Hepatitis B surface antigen-antibody interactions studied by optical tweezers. IET Nanobiotechnology, 2012. 6(1): p. 9-15. (corresponding author)
12. Zhou,Z.L., Tang, B.*, A.H.W. Ngan The biomechanics of drug-treated leukemia cells investigated using optical tweezers. Nano Life, 2012, 2, p1250010-1 to 1250010-10. (corresponding author)
13. Wu,K.S., Li, S.Y., Lo, A.C.Y., Ngan, A.H.W., Wong, D.S.H., So, K.F., Ellis-Behnke,R.G., Tang, B.*. Micro-scale Stiffness Change of Cornea Tissues Suffered from Elevated Intraocular Pressure Investigated by Nanoindentation. Soft Materials, 2013, 11: p 244-253.(corresponding author)
14. Zhou, Z.L., Cheng,C.X., Li, S., Zhou, X.F., Liu, Z.H., He, Q.T., Zhang, N.N., Ngan, A.H.W., Tang,B.*, Wang, A.X.*. AFM nanoindentation detection of the elastic modulus of tongue squamous carcinoma cells with different metastatic potentials，Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine,publish online，doi:10.1016/j.nano.2013.04.001（corresponding author）