Dr. Shi Jianghong obtained her bachelor degree from Tsinghua University in 1987 and worked at Shanxi Academy of Urban & Rural Planning and Design, Shanxi Academy of Urban & Rural Planning and Design focusing on environmental engineering and environmental impact assessment from 1987 to 1998. Then Dr. Shi went to Tokyo University of Technology and Agriculture in Japan for continuing education and received PhD degree in 2004. After graduation, Dr. Shi returned to China in 2005 and worked at Beijing Normal University for ten years. Currently, Dr. Shi is a Teaching Professor in SUSTC.
Since 1999, Dr. Shi’s research has been focused on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals inclusive of estrogens, POPs, and plasticizers, and included consecutive study on their trace analysis technology, concentration distribution in environmental matrix, migration and transformation processes, biological degradation, environmental load evaluation, ecological risk assessment, and control technology. To date, Dr. Shi has published 42 Journal papers and obtained 12 national invention patents. In 2002 Dr. Shi obtained the Research Award from the Japan - China Society of Science and Technology Exchange for the outstanding achievements, and the technology invention award with her colleagues from the Ministry of Education. Her master student Zhang Hui won one famous scholarship of Zhou Tingru in 2014 due to outstanding achievement.
2001-2004: Ph.D., Applied Chemistry (Environmental engineering), Tokyo University of Technology and Agriculture, Japan
1999-2001: M.S., Applied Chemistry (Environmental engineering), Tokyo University of Technology and Agriculture, Japan
1982-1987: B.S., Environmental Engineering, Tsinghua University, China
2015-Present: Teaching Professor, School of Environmental Science and Technology, Southern University of Science and Technology
2014-2015: Professor and Vice dean, School of Environment, Beijing Normal University
2005-2014: Associate Professor and the head of the Department of Environmental Engineering, School of Environment, Beijing Normal University
2004-2005: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Tokyo University of Technology and Agriculture, Japan
1989-1998： Engineer, Vice Deputy of Environmental Engineering Director, Deputy of Business Management Director, Shanxi Academy of Environmental Research
1987-1989: Assistant Engineer, Shanxi Academy of Urban & Rural Planning and Design
201201-03: Guest Associate Professor, River Basin Research Center Gifu University, Japan
Member of Branch of the water environment, Chinese Society for Environmental Sciences,
Overseas member of Water Environment Society of Japan
Overseas member of Japan Society of endocrine disrupting compounds
Member of International Water Association ( IWA )
Expert consultant of the Global Environment Facility.
1. Xiaowei Liu, Virginie Keller, Egon Dumont, Jianghong Shi, Andrew Johnson. The risk of endocrine disruption to fish in the Yellow River catchment in China assessed using a spatially-explicit model. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 2015,34（12）:2870-2877.
2. Xiaowei Liu, Jianghong Shi*, Ting Bo, Huiyuan Li, John C Crittenden. Occurrence and Risk Assessment of Selected Phthalates in Finished Drinking Water of China. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2015, 22(14):10690-8.
3. Hui Zhang, Jianghong Shi*, Xiaowei Liu, Xinmin Zhan, Qingcai Chen. Occurrence and removal of free estrogens, conjugated estrogens, and bisphenol A in manure treatment facilities in East China. Water Research, 2014, 58 (1) :248-257.
4. Xiaowei Liu, Jianghong Shi*, Ting Bo, Hui Zhang, Wei Wu, Qingcai Chen, Xinmin Zhan. Occurrence of phthalic acid esters in source waters: a nationwide survey in China during the period of 2009 – 2012. Environmental Pollution, 2014, 184: 262-270.
5. Jianghong Shi*, Xiaowei Liu, Qingcai Chen, Hui Zhang. Spatial and seasonal distributions of estrogens and bisphenol A in the Yangtze River Estuary and the adjacent East China Sea. Chemosphere 111 (2014) 336-343.
6. Xiaowei Liu, Jianghong Shi*, Hui Zhang, Xinmin Zhan, Genxiang Shen, Shuangqing Hu, Ting Bo. Estimating estrogen release and load from humans and livestock in Shanghai, China. Journal of Environmental quality. 2014, 43:568-577.
7. Hui Zhang, Jianghong Shi*, Xiaowei Liu, Xinmin Zhan, Jinhua Dang, Ting Bo. Occurrence of free estrogens, conjugated estrogens, and bisphenol A in fresh livestock excreta and their removal by composting in north China. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2014:1-9.
8. Jianghong Shi*, Qingcai Chen, Xinmin Zhan, Jun Li, Zebing Li. Sludge/water partition and biochemical transformation of estrone and 17-estradiol in a pilot-scale step-feed anoxic/oxic wastewater treatment system, Biochemical Engineering Journal, 2013, 74: 107-114.
9. Qingcai Chen, Jianghong Shi*, Xiaowei Liu, Wei Wu, Bo Liu, Hui Zhang. Simulation of Estrogen Transport and Behavior in Laboratory Soil Columns using a Cellular Automata Model. Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 2013, 146: 51-62.
10. Qingcai Chen, Jianghong Shi*, Wei Wu, Xiaowei Liu, Hui Zhang. A New Pretreatment and Improved Method for Determination of Selected Estrogens in High Matrix Solid Sewage Samples by Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry. Microchemical Journal, 2012, 104: 49-55.
11. Jianghong Shi*, Xiaowei Liu, Jinling Cao, Yingxia Li and Zhifeng Yang. Occurrence and Risk Assessment of Estrogens and Anti-inflammatories in Baiyangdian Lake, North China. Environmental Engineering & Management Journal, 2013, 12: 1437-1445.
12. Iniya Kumar Muniraj, Liwen Xiao, Zhenhu Hu, Xinmin Zhan, Jianghong Shi*. Microbial lipid production from potato processing wastewater using oleaginous filamentous fungi Aspergillus oryzae. Water Research, 2013, 47(10): 3477-3483.
13. Satoshi Nakai, Anri Yamamura, Shou Tanaka, Jianghong Shi*, Megumi Nishikawa, Yutaka Nakashimada, Masaaki Hosomi. Pathway of 17β-estradiol Degradation by Nitrosomonas europaea and Reduction in 17β-estradiol-derived Estrogenic Activity. Environ Chem Lett, 2011, 9:1–6.
14. Jinling Cao, Jianghong Shi*, Rui Han, Yingxia Li, Zhifeng Yang. Seasonal Variations in the Occurrence and Distribution of Estrogens and Pharmaceuticals in the Zhangweinanyun River System. Chinese Science Bulletin, 2010, 55(27-28): 3138-3144.
15. Jianghong Shi*, Megumi Nishikawa, Saori Fujisawa. Estrogenic Activated Removal of Ethynylestradiol by Nitrifying Activated Sludge and Microorganisms Involved in Its Degradation. Environmental Science (Jourmal of Japan Society of Endocrine Disrupters Research), 2007, 14 (2): 55-66.
16. Jianghong Shi*, Saori Hujisawa, Satoshi Nakai and Masaaki Hosomi. Biodegradation of Natural and Synthetic Estrogens by Nitrifying Activated Sludge and Ammonia-oxidizing Bacterium Nitrosomonas europaea. Water Research, 2004, 38(9): 2322-2329.
17. Jianghong Shi*, Yoko Suzuki, Satoshi Nakai and Masaaki Hosomi. Microbial Degradation of Estrogens Using Night Soil-composting Microorganisms. Water Science & Technology, 2004, 50(8): 153-159.
18. Jianghong Shi*, Yoko Suzuki, B.D. Lee, Satoshi Nakai, Masaaki Hosomi. Isolation and Characterization of the Ethynylestradiol-Biodegrading Microorganism Fusariumproliferatum strain HNS-1. Water Science & Technology, 2002, 45(12): 175-179.
China and Janpan National invention patent
1 细见正明，中井智司，史江红，栗田工业株式会社用微生物处理合成雌激素ethynyl estradiol的降解方法，授权号：2003－52356，(日本发明专利）。
2 史江红，宿凌燕，曹金玲，韩蕊. 一种能生物降解天然雌激素的燕麦食菌菌株及其应用, 授权号：ZL 201010119350.1
3 史江红，宿凌燕，韩蕊，曹金玲. 一种能降解雌激素的香茅醇假单胞菌菌株及其应用，授权号：ZL 201010119348.4
4 史江红，曹金玲，韩蕊，杨志峰. 一种污泥中痕量雌激素的检测方法，授权号：ZL 201010153995.7
5 史江红，韩蕊，陈庆彩，曹金玲，杨志峰. 一种土壤环境中痕量天然及合成雌激素的检测方法，授权号：ZL 201010154070.4
6 史江红，陈庆彩，吴唯，曹金玲. 一种水环境中雌激素及壬基酚、辛基酚和双酚A的共检测方法. 授权号: ZL 201010603567.X
7 史江红，陈庆彩，吴唯，郭慧媛，薄婷. 一种水体沉积物中雌激素及壬基酚、辛基酚、双酚A的共检测方法. 授权号: ZL 201110049138.7
8 史江红，陈庆彩，吴唯，刘晓薇，张晖. 一种水体沉积物或土壤中雌激素结合体的检测方法. 授权号: ZL 201110220803.4
9 史江红，陈庆彩，吴唯，刘晓薇，张晖.一种适用于分析复杂基质固体样品中雌激素及双酚Ａ的前处理方法. 授权号: ZL 20111027307.8
10 史江红，吴唯，张晖，陈庆彩，刘晓薇，薄婷，贾彦舶. 一种水环境中雌激素结合体的共检测方法. 授权号: ZL 20121012753.3
11 史江红，吴唯，张晖，陈庆彩，刘晓薇，薄婷，贾彦舶. 一种复杂基质水体样品中雌激素及壬基酚、辛基酚、双酚A的共检测方法. 授权号: ZL 20121012755.1
12 史江红，吴唯，张晖，刘晓薇，陈庆彩，薄婷，贾彦舶. 一种畜禽粪便样品中雌激素及其结合体的共检测方法. 授权号: ZL 201210182786.4.
1 Liu Xinhu, Niu Junfeng,Shi Jianghong Liu Xitao 《Environment and Hearth》Beijing, Beijing Normal University Press, 2009.