1991-1994 Doctor of Mechanical Engineering of the National University of Singapore
1984-1987 Master of Mechanics Engineering of Beijing Institute of Technology
1980-1984 Bachelor of Mechanics of Peking University
2008-2015 Director of International Sector of KAUST
1997-2008 Senior research fellow of Singapore High-performance Computing Research Institute and Director of Research Department
Honors and awards
Scholarship of Firefly Leadership Development Planning of Ministry of Trade and Industry of Singapore
Golden prize for high-performance computing in Singapore
Golden prize for CAD symposium in Australia
Fields of research
Computing mechanism, high-performance computing simulation experiment, nanometer mechanics and biology mechanics
1. Effects of balloon length and compliance on vascular stent expansion. International Journal of Applied Mechanics, 2010.
2. Alignment Controlled Growth of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes on Quartz Substrates. Nano Letters 2009, 9.
3. Stretchable and foldable silicon integrated circuits. Science, 2008, 320.
4. Application of nonlocal beam models for carbon nanotubes. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 2007, 44.
5. Dynamic properties of flexural beams using a nonlocal elasticity model. Journal of Applied Physics, 2006, 99.