Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a public university founded in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
SUSTech offers an unparalleled learning and research experience at the scientific and technological frontiers.
SUSTech offers unprecedented opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to work alongside the faculty to explore and tackle both fundamental and practical problems.
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.
The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.
The main duties of SUSTCEF is to accept the donations from the domestic and foreign associations, enterprises, trading companies and individuals, and establish the funding projects depending on the demands of the university and the wishes of the donors.
Department of Mathematics
Room 422, Block 3, Hui Yuan
Ph.D. University of Illinois at Chicago, Mathematics (1998-2000).
M.Sc. University of Toronto, Mathematics.
B.Sc. University of Toronto, School of Engineering.
2015-current Institute for Advanced Study, Member
2015-current Princeton University, Visiting faculty
2008-2009 Visiting Assistant Professor, Mathematics, North Dakota State University
2006-2007 Visiting Assistant Professor, Mathematics, Boise State University
1. Hou. Y. Critical exponent and displacement of negatively curved free groups. J. Diff. Geom. vol. 57, 173-193. 2001. MR 1871493.
2. Hou. Y. Quasiconformal rigidity of negatively curved three-manifolds. Asian J. Math. Vol. 6, No 4. 645-662. 2002. MR 1958086.
3. Hou. Y. Geometric Ends and critical exponent of negatively curved three-manifolds. Glasg. Math. J. Vol. 45, No 2. 2003. MR 1997712.
4. Hou. Y. Kleinian groups of small Hausdorff dimension are classical Schottky groups I. Geometry& Topology, Volume 14(2010), 473-519.
5. Hou. Y. All finitely generated Kleinian groups of small Hausdorff dimension are classical Schottky groups. to appear: Advances in Mathematics.
6. J. Anderson, Hou. Y. Hausdorff Spectrum and uniformizations of Riemann Surfaces.
7. Hou. Y. Boundary rigidity of Negatively Curved Groups.
8. Hou. Y. Higher dimensional Kleinian groups with limit set of small Hausdorff dimensions.
Journal Referee Works
Referee for Duke Mathematics Journal. (2013)