Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a public university founded in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
SUSTech offers an unparalleled learning and research experience at the scientific and technological frontiers.
SUSTech offers unprecedented opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to work alongside the faculty to explore and tackle both fundamental and practical problems.
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.
The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.
The main duties of SUSTCEF is to accept the donations from the domestic and foreign associations, enterprises, trading companies and individuals, and establish the funding projects depending on the demands of the university and the wishes of the donors.
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
PhD, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Dr. Shuming CHEN received his BS degree in optoelectronics from South China University of Technology (SCUT) in 2005. And then, due to his excellent academic record (2nd/55), he admitted to the graduate school of Sun Yat-Sen University (SYSU) with exemption for entrance examination, where he obtained his ME degree in 2008. He then studied with Professor Hoi-Sing Kwok at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) and received his PhD degree in Electronic and Computer Engineering in 2012. From Sep. 2012-May 2013, he was a postdoctoral researcher in Center for Display Research, HKUST and a part time senior engineer in Sinodisplay Technology Co. Ltd., where he was developing active-matrix (AM) organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs). In June 2013, he officially joined the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, SUSTC as an Assistant Professor.
His current research focuses on (AM) OLEDs and QD-LEDs for display and solid-state lighting applications. He has published over 30 SCI papers (impact factor>3.5) on international journals including Advanced Functional Materials, Organic Electronics, Journal of Materials Chemistry, Optics Express etc with more than 800 citations. He is a member of SID and OSA. He was the recipient of 2013 HKIS “Young Scientist Award” (Honorable Mention, Runner-Up) and 2013 Shenzhen “Overseas High-Caliber Personnel Award” (Peacock Plan B-Class).
◆ Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs), Quantum Dots Light-Emitting Diodes (QD-LEDs)
◆ Thin Film Transistors (TFTs)
◆ Display Technologies
◆ June 2013~present，Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, SUSTC, Assistant Professor (tenure-track)
◆ Sep. 2012 - May 2013, Center for Display Research, HKUST, Postdoctoral Fellow
◆ Aug. 2008 – Aug. 2012, Electronics and Computer Engineering, HKUST, PhD
◆ Sep. 2005 – July 2008, Optical Engineering, SYSU, Master
◆ Sep. 2001 – July 2008, Optoelectronics, SCUT, Bachelor
Honors & Awards：
◆ 2013, HKIS “Young Scientist Award” (Honorable Mention, Runner-Up)
◆ 2013, Shenzhen “Overseas High-Caliber Personnel Award” (Peacock Plan B-Class)
*corresponding author，+co-first author
1. Yibin Jiang, Jiarong Lian, Shuming Chen* and Hoi Sing Kwok, “Fabrication of color tunable organic light-emitting diodes by an alignment free mask patterning method”, Org. Electron., 14, 2001-2006 (2013).
2. Guiping Tan, Shuming Chen+, Ning Sun, Yanhu Li, Daniel Fortin, Wai-Yeung Wong, Hoi Sing Kwok, Dongge Ma, Hongbin Wu, Lixiang Wang and Pierre D. Harvey, “Highly efficient iridium(III) phosphors with phenoxy-substituted ligands and their high-performance OLEDs”, J. Mater. Chem. C, 1, 808-821 (2013).
3. Shuming Chen*, Zujin Zhao, Ben Zhong Tang and Hoi Sing Kwok, “One-step fabrication of organic nanoparticles as scattering media for extracting substrate waveguide light from organic light-emitting diodes”, J. Mater. Chem., 22, 13386-13390 (2012).
4. Shuming Chen*, Zujin Zhao, Ben Zhong Tang and Hoi Sing Kwok, “Growth methods, enhanced photoluminescence, high hydrophobicity and light scattering of 4,4’-bis(1,2,2-triphenylvinyl)biphenyl nanowires”, Org. Electron., 13, 1996-2002 (2012).
5. Shuming Chen* and Hoi Sing Kwok, “Full color organic electroluminescent display with shared blue light-emitting layer for reducing one fine metal shadow mask”, Org. Electron., 13, 31-35 (2012).
6. Shuming Chen* and Hoi Sing Kwok, “Alleviate microcavity effects in top-emitting white organic light-emitting diodes for achieving broadband and high color rendition emission spectra”, Org. Electron., 12, 2065-2070 (2011).
7. Shuming Chen, Guiping Tan, Wai-Yeung Wong and Hoi Sing Kwok, “White organic light-emitting diodes with evenly separated red, green and blue colors for efficiency/color rendition trade-off optimization”, Adv. Funct. Mater., 21,3785-3793 (2011).
8. Shuming Chen and Hoi Sing Kwok, “Top-emitting white organic light-emitting diodes with a color conversion cap layer”, Org. Electron., 12, 677-681 (2011).
9. Yang Liu, Shuming Chen, Jacky W. Y. Lam, Ping Lu, Ryan T. K. Kwok, Faisl Mahtab, Hoi Sing Kwok and Ben Zhong Tang, “Tuning the Electronic Nature of Aggregation-induced Emission Chromophores with Enhanced Hole-Transporting Property”, Chem. Mater., 23, 2536-2544 (2011).
10. Wangzhang Yuan, Shuming Chen, Jacky W. Y. Lam, Chunmei Deng, Ping Lu, Herman H-Y. Sung, Ian D. Williams, Hoi Sing Kwok, Yongming Zhang and Ben Zhong Tang, “Towards high efficiency solid emitters with aggregation-induced emission and electron-transport characteristics”, Chem. Commun., 47, 11216 (2011).
11. Shuming Chen, and Hoi Sing Kwok, “Light extraction from organic light-emitting diodes for lighting applications by sand-blasting substrates”, Opt. Express, 18, 37-42 (2010).
12. Zujin Zhao, Shuming Chen, Xiaoyuan Shen, Faisal Mahtab, Yong Yu, Ping Lu, Jacky W. Y. Lam, Hoi Sing Kwok and Ben Zhong Tang, “Aggregation-induced emission, self-assembly, and electroluminescence of 4,40-bis(1,2,2-triphenylvinyl)biphenyl”, Chem. Commun., 46, 686-688 (2010).
13. Zujin Zhao, Shuming Chen, Jacky W. Y. Lam, Ping Lu, Yongchun Zhong, Kam Sing Wong, Hoi Sing Kwok and Ben Zhong Tang, “Creation of highly efficient solid emitter by decorating pyrene core with AIE-active tetraphenylethene peripheries”, Chem. Commun., 46, 2221-2223 (2010).
14. Zujin Zhao, Shuming Chen, Jacky W. Y. Lam, Cathy K. W. Jim, Carrie Y. K. Chan, Zhiming Wang, Ping Lu, Chunmei Deng, Hoi Sing Kwok, Yuguang Ma and Ben Zhong Tang, “Steric Hindrance, Electronic Communication, and Energy Transfer in the Photo-and Electroluminescence Processes of Aggregation-Induced Emission Luminogens”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 114, 7963(2010).
15. Shuming Chen, Yongbo Yuan, Jiarong Lian, and Xiang Zhou, “High-efficiency and high-contrast phosphorescent top-emitting organic light-emitting devices with p-type Si anodes”, Opt. Express, 15, 14644-14649 (2007).
Address: Rm#524, 2nd Faculty Research Building, SUSTC, No.1088 Xueyuan Blvd, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, 518055 P.R. China
Phone (office): +86-0755-88018522