Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a public university founded in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
SUSTech offers an unparalleled learning and research experience at the scientific and technological frontiers.
SUSTech offers unprecedented opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to work alongside the faculty to explore and tackle both fundamental and practical problems.
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.
The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.
The main duties of SUSTCEF is to accept the donations from the domestic and foreign associations, enterprises, trading companies and individuals, and establish the funding projects depending on the demands of the university and the wishes of the donors.
School of Environmental Science and Engineering
Erhu Du earned his PhD from Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2017. He is interested in applying models and tools in hydrology, social science, economics, and machine learning in water resources management.
Research Fellow, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology
2011-2017: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Environmental Engineering, Ph.D.
2009-2011: Southeast University, Municipal Engineering, M.S.
2005-2009: Southeast University, Water Supply and Sewerage Engineering, B.S.
2017-present: Research Fellow, School of Environmental Science and Engineering, Southern University of Science and Technology
1) Agent-based models for water resources management
2) Opinion dynamics and flood evacuation
3) Machine learning in environmental data analysis
1. Du, Erhu, Ximing Cai, Nicholas Brozović, and Barbara Minsker. 2017. Evaluating the Impacts of Farmers’ Behaviors on a Hypothetical Agricultural Water Market Based on Double Auction. Water Resources Research 53 (5): 4053–72. doi:10.1002/2016WR020287.
2. Du, Erhu, Ximing Cai, Zhiyong Sun, and Barbara Minsker. 2017. Exploring the Role of Social Media and Individual Behaviors in Flood Evacuation Processes: An Agent-Based Modeling Approach. Water Resources Research 53. doi:10.1002/2017WR021192.
3. Du, Erhu, Samuel Rivera, Ximing Cai, Laura Myers, Andrew Ernest, and Barbara Minsker. 2016. Impacts of Human Behavioral Heterogeneity on the Benefits of Probabilistic Flood Warnings: An Agent-Based Modeling Framework. Journal of the American Water Resources Association 53 (2): 316–32. doi:10.1111/1752-1688.12475.