Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a public university founded in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
SUSTech offers an unparalleled learning and research experience at the scientific and technological frontiers.
SUSTech offers unprecedented opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to work alongside the faculty to explore and tackle both fundamental and practical problems.
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.
The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.
The main duties of SUSTCEF is to accept the donations from the domestic and foreign associations, enterprises, trading companies and individuals, and establish the funding projects depending on the demands of the university and the wishes of the donors.
Department of Mathematics
Service Center of Scientific Research and Teaching 801-2
Partially hyperbolic dynamics
Smooth ergodic theory
PhD in Mathematics, Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay, 1999
BS in Mathematics, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina, 1994
SUSTC, Full Professor, 2016-present
Simons Associateship ICTP, Trieste, Italy, 2014-2019
Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay, Full Professor, 2011-2016
Member of the National Research System, Uruguay, 2009-
Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay, Associate Professor, 2008-2011
Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay, Assistant Professor, 2000-2008
Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay, Teaching Assistant, 1994-2000
Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina, Teaching Assistant, 1992-1994
Honors and Awards:
Vice-president of the Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (UNESCO), 2016
Evaluator for the Prize “For Women in Science” L’Oreal-Unesco, 2011
Buenos Aires Stock Exchange Foundation Prize, 1992
Selected 5 publications:
1. (with P. Carrasco, F. Rodriguez Hertz and R. Ures) Partially hyperbolic dynamics in dimension 3, to appear in Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems
2. Genericity of non-uniform hyperbolicity in dimension 3, Journal of Modern Dynamics, 6,1, (2012), 121-138
3. (with F. Rodriguez Hertz, A. Tahzibi and R. Ures) Uniqueness of SRB measures for transitive diffeomorphisms, Communications in Mathematical Physics, 306, 1, (2011), 35-49
4. (with F. Rodriguez Hertz, A. Tahzibi and R. Ures) New criteria for ergodicity and non-uniform hyperbolicity, Duke Mathematical Journal, 160,3, (2011), 599-629
5. (with F. Rodriguez Hertz and R. Ures) Accessibility and stable ergodicity for partially hyperbolic diffeomorphisms with 1D-center bundle, Inventiones Mathematicaes, 172, 2, (2008), 187-208.