Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a public university founded in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
SUSTech offers an unparalleled learning and research experience at the scientific and technological frontiers.
SUSTech offers unprecedented opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to work alongside the faculty to explore and tackle both fundamental and practical problems.
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.
The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.
The main duties of SUSTCEF is to accept the donations from the domestic and foreign associations, enterprises, trading companies and individuals, and establish the funding projects depending on the demands of the university and the wishes of the donors.
Department of Mathematics
Block 3 Room 524,Wisdom Valley
Nonparametric statistics, empirical likelihood theory, applied statistics
1991-1995 Simon Fraser University Statistics Ph.D.
1987-1990 Simon Fraser University Numerical Analysis M.Sc.
1981-1985 Lanzhou University Computational Mathematics B.Sc.
2016 - present Professor Southern University of Science and Technology, China
2006 - 2015 Professor University of Victoria, Canada
2001 - 2006 Associate Professor University of Victoria, Canada
1996 - 2001 Assistant Professor University of Victoria, Canada
Empirical likelihood and its applications（2006-2015） Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada CDN$160000
1. Tsao, M. and Wu, F. (2014) Extended empirical likelihood for estimating equations. Biometrika, 101, 703-710.
2. Tsao, M. and Wu, F. (2013) Empirical likelihood on the full parameter space. The Annals of Statistics, 41, 2176-2196.
3. Tsao, M. (2004) Bounds on coverage probabilities of the empirical likelihood ratio confidence regions. The Annals of Statistics, 32, 1215-1221.
4. Tsao, M. (2000) On the random placement hypothesis. Environmental and Ecological Statistics, 7, 415-422.
5. Routledge, R. and Tsao, M. (1997) On the relationship between two asymptotic expansions for the distribution of sample mean and its applications. The Annals of Statistics, 25, 2200-2209.