Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a public university founded in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
SUSTech offers an unparalleled learning and research experience at the scientific and technological frontiers.
SUSTech offers unprecedented opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to work alongside the faculty to explore and tackle both fundamental and practical problems.
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.
The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.
The main duties of SUSTCEF is to accept the donations from the domestic and foreign associations, enterprises, trading companies and individuals, and establish the funding projects depending on the demands of the university and the wishes of the donors.
Department of Chemistry
Ph.D., Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 2009 (Prof. Albert S. C. Chan);
M.S., Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2005 (Prof. Weisheng Tian);
B.S., Department of Chemistry, Lanzhou University.
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, South University of Science and Technology of China. 2012-present;
Research Assistant Professor, School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University. 2012;
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biochemistry and Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 2010-2011 (Prof. Jef DeBrabander).
Visiting Student, Kyoto University, 2009 (Prof. Tamio Hayashi)
Asymmetric catalytic chemistry
1) Rhodium/Chiral Diene-Catalyzed Asymmetric 1,4-Addition of Arylboronic Acids to Chromones: A Highly Enantioselective Pathway for Accessing Chiral Flavanones. He, Q.-J.; So, C.-M.; Bian, Z.-X.; Hayashi, T.; Wang, J.* Chem. Asian. J. 2015, 10, 540-543.
2) Palladium/Zinc Co-catalyzed Syn-Stereoselectively Asymmetric Ring Opening Reaction of Oxabenzonorbornadienes with Phenols. Li, S.-F.; Xu, J.-B.; Fan, B.-M.* Lu, Z.-W.; Zeng, C.-Y.; Bian, Z.-X.; Zhou, Y.-Y.; Wang, J.* Chem. Eur. J. 2015, 21, 9003-9007 (Inside Cover).
3) AlCl3-Catalyzed O-Alkylative Passerini Reaction of Isocyanides, Cinnamaldehydes and Various Aliphatic Alcohols for Accessing α-Alkoxy-β,γ-Enamides. Lyu, L.-Y., Xie, H.; Mu, H.-X., He, Q. J.; Bian, Z.-X.*; Wang, J.* Org. Chem. Front., 2015, 2, 815–818.
4) Recent Progress on Asymmetric Organocatalytic Construction of Chiral Cyclohexenone Skeletons. Yang, X.; Wang, J.*; Li, P.-F.* Org. Biomol. Chem., 2014, 12, 2499–2513 (Front Cover).
5) Palladium-Catalyzed Cross-Dehydrogenative Functionalization of C(sp2)-H Bonds. Wu, Y.-N.; Wang, J.*; Mao, F.; Kwong, F.-Y.* Chem. Asian J. 2014, 9, 26- 47 (Front Cover).
6) Organocatalytic Asymmetric Aza-Michael addition of Pyrazole to chalcone. Li, P.-F.*, Fang F., Chen, J.; Wang, J.* Tetrahedron: Asymmetry, 2014, 25, 98-101.
7) Palladium/Copper Complexes Co-Catalyzed Highly Enantioselective Ring Opening Reaction of Azabenzonorbornadienes with Terminal Alkynes. Fan, B.-M.*, Li, S.-F.; Chen,H.-L.; Lu, Z.-W.; Liu, S.-S.; Yang, Q.-J.; Yu, L.; Xu, J.-B.; Zhou, Y.-Y.; Wang, J* Adv. Synth. Catal. 2013, 355, 2827-2832 (Highlighted in Synfacts, 2014, 10, 59).
8) Iridium/NMDPP Catalyzed Asymmetric Ring-Opening Reaction of Oxabenzonorborna- dienes with Phenolic or Naphtholic Nucleophiles. Li, S.-F.; Chen, H. L.; Yang, Q.-J.; Yu, L.; Fan, C.-L.; Zhou, Y.-Y.; Wang, J.*; Fan, B.-M.* Asian J. Org. Chem. 2013, 2, 494-497.
9) Recent Advances and Applications in Organocatalytic Asymmetric Aza-Michael Addition. Wang, J; Li, P.-F.*; Choy, P.-Y.; Chan, A. S. C.*; Kwong, F.-Y.* ChemCatChem 2012, 4, 917-925 (Back Cover, Invited review).
10) Nishimura, T.*; Wang, J.; Nagaosa, M.; Okamoto, K.; Shintani, R.; Kwong, F.-Y.; Yu, W.-Y.; Chan, A. S. C.;* Hayashi, T.* Rhodium-Catalyzed Asymmetric Addition of Arylboronic Acids to β-Phthaliminoacrylate Esters toward the Synthesis of β-Amino Acids. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 464-465.
Book chapter and patent:
1) Science of Synthesis: Cross Coupling and Heck-Type Reactions 2: Carbon-Heteroatom Cross Coupling and C-C Cross Coupling of Acidic C-H Nucleophiles (C-C Cross-Coupling Reactions of Acidic C-H Nucleophiles with Two Activating Groups), Wu, Y.; Wang, J.; Kwong, F. Y., Georg Thieme Verlag KG, Stuttgart∙New York, 2013, pp 621-646.
2) Stereoselective Synthesis of Drugs and Natural Products (Asymmetric Michael addition and related reactions), Li, P. F.; Wang, J.; Kwong, F. Y. Wiely-VCH, Weinheim, 2013, pp. 249-270.
3) Asymmetric Synthesis of Norcantharidin Analogues by Alkynylation of Oxabenzonorborna -dienes and Their Anticancer Activities. Chan, A. S. C.; Fan, B.-M.; Wang, J.; Lin, C. Y.; Huang, C.; Hu, J.; Yang, Q.-J.; Xu, J.-B.; Bian, Z.-X.; Lu, A.-P. US Patent 2014/0187801, Jul. 2014.