Established by the Municipality of Shenzhen, the Southern University of Science and Technology is a publicly funded university in the Guangdong Province.
The SUSTech is a university dominated by science and engineering, combining part of characteristic humanities social sciences and management subjects.
The SUSTech cultivates quality talents with perfect personality, solid foundation, excellent ability, international view, social responsibility, innovative spirits and practical ability through the leading talent cultivation system on the basis of credit system, tutor system and college system and taking personalized, small class and international as features of talent cultivation.
The SUSTech has been determined as the experimental school of national higher education comprehensive reform. In April 2012, the Ministry of Education agreed to establish the school and give the school a great mission to explore the modern university system Chinese characteristics and training mode of innovative talents.
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.
SUSTech will adopt management mode of collegiate system for undergraduate students and create a wonderful college life for students by taking platforms such as college, Youth League Committee and communities as carriers.
The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.
The SUSTech Education Foundation consists of board of directors, board of supervisors and secretariat. The board of directors is the top of the power structure of the foundation; the board of supervisors is responsible to check finance and accounting information in accordance with law and regulations; secretariat is the standing administrative unit of the foundation, which is responsible to the daily work of the foundation under the leading of leaders in the board of directors.
Department of Chemistry
Education and Work Experience
11.2012 ~ present Associate Professor (tenure-track), Department of Chemistry, South University of Science and Technology of China, Shenzhen.
01.2011 ~ 09.2012 Postdoctoral Research Associate at The Scripps Research Institute (San Diego, USA) under the supervision of Prof. Julius Rebek, Jr. (美国艺术与科学学院和国家科学院双院院士).
(Worked on hydrogen bonded molecular capsules and cavitands)
09.2010 ~ 01.2011 Research Assistant in the group of Prof. Christoph A. Schalley.
(Worked on Thermodynamics and Kinetics of Divalent Pseudorotaxanes)
09.2007 ~ 09.2010 Ph. D. thesis with summa cum laude (outstanding) at Institut für Chemie und Biochemie of Freie Universität Berlin (Berlin, Germany; 德国十所精英大学之一) supervised by Prof. Christoph A. Schalley (化学与生物化学研究所所长).
(Title: Supramolecular Synthesis via Integrative Self-Sorting)
09.2004 ~ 07.2007 Master thesis at the State Key Laboratory of Elemento-Organic Chemistry of Nankai University (Tianjin, P. R. China) under the guidance of Prof. Yu Liu (刘育教授，长江学者、“杰青”和973首席，南开大学化学学院原院长).
(Title: Molecular Logic Gates and Switches)09.1999 ~ 07.2004
B. Sc. study at Department of Applied Chemistry of Xi’an Jiao Tong University (Xi’an, P. R. China).
Scholarships and Awards
2013 Peacock Plan Awardee-Category B, Shenzhen
2012 Thousand Talents Plan-Youth, Organization Department, CCCPC
2011 “Schering Prize” for the Best Chemistry Dissertation (2010) of Three Berlin Universities -- Freie Universität, Technische Universität, and Humboldt Universität (柏林三所综合性大学—柏林自由大学，柏林工业大学，和柏林洪堡大学—化学类最优秀博士论文。每年只有一名。是该奖项的首位也是唯一亚洲获得者。For detailed information:
2010 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad (2009)
2006 First-Class Scholarship (Nankai University, ca. 5 out of ca. 200 master students)
2003 Scholarship of China Petroleum
2003 First-Class Scholarship (Xi’an Jiao Tong University)
2000 Third-Class Scholarship (Xi’an Jiao Tong University)
1999 Second-Class Scholarship (Xi’an Jiao Tong University)
Physical Organic Chemistry, Supramolecular Chemistry, Host-Guest Chemistry, Systems Chemistry, Dynamic Combinatorial Chemistry, Self-Assembly, Molecular Machines and Devices, and Functional & Responsive Supramolecular Materials.
2013.6 – 2016.6 南方科技大学启动经费； 490万元；项目负责人；功能有机超分子材料；
2014.1 – 2016.12 国家自然科学基金青年项目； 25万元；项目负责人；圆柱状有机超分子胶囊的侧壁功能化及其应用研究；项目编号：21302090
2014 – 2017 中组部“青年千人计划”研究经费； 200万元；项目负责人；有机超分子化学与材料
2015.6 – 2017.6 深圳市知识创新计划基础研究项目； 30万元；项目负责人；具有刺激响应的超分子聚合物材料
2016.1 – 2019.12国家自然科学基金面上项目；65万元（直接经费）；项目负责人；具有可变深穴空腔的新型大环主体的设计、合成、分子识别与自组装研究；项目编号：21572097
Peer-Reviewed Publications (ResearcherID: B-1607-2010; H-index: 13; Total Citations: 770; Citations retrieved on September 10th, 2015 from Web of Knowledge)
Publications at SUSTC:
25. Fei Jia, Zhenfeng He, Liu-Pan Yang, Zhi-Sheng Pan, Min Yi, Ren-Wang Jiang, and Wei Jiang* Oxatubarene: A Smart Macrocyclic Receptor with Multiple Interconvertible Cavities. Chem. Sci. 2015, in press. DOI: 10.1039/c5sc03251b
24. G. Huang, Z. He, C.-X. Cai, F. Pan, D. Yang,* K. Rissanen, W. Jiang,* Bis-Urea Macrocycles with a Deep Cavity. Chem. Commun. 2015, in press. DOI: 10.1039/C5CC06768E.
23. C.-Y. Zhu, H.-Y. Wang, J.-N. Sun, G. Ye, J. Rebek, Jr.,* W. Jiang* The Influence of Imperfect Walls on the Guest Binding Properties of Hydrogen-Bonded Capsules. Chem. Commun. 2015, in press. DOI: 10.1039/C5CC06727H
22. Z. He, X. Yang, W. Jiang,* Facile Synthesis, Single-Crystal Structures, and Molecular Recognition of Chiral Molecular Tweezers Based on a Rigid Bis-Naphthalene Cleft. Org. Lett. 2015, 17, 3880-3883. Times Cited: 0
21. G. Huang, W. Jiang,* Dynamic Covalent Macrocycles Constructed via Organic Templates. Prog. Chem. 2015, 27, 744-754. (invited review, in chinese) Times Cited: 0
20. Z. He, G. Ye, W. Jiang,* Imine Macrocycle with Deep Cavity: Guest-Selected Formation of syn/anti Configuration and Guest-Controlled Reconfiguration. Chem. Eur. J. 2015, 21, 3005-3012. Times Cited: 1
19. Z. He, W. Jiang,* C. A. Schalley* Integrative self-sorting: a versatile strategy forthe construction of complex supramolecular architecture. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2015, 44, 779-789. Times Cited: 7
18. W. Wang, Y. Zhang, B. Sun, L.-J. Chen, X.-D. Xu, M. Wang, X. Li, Y. Yu,* W. Jiang,* H.-B.Yang.* The construction of complex multicomponent supramolecular systems via the combination of orthogonal self-assembly and the self-sorting approach. Chem. Sci. 2014, 5, 4554-4560. Times Cited: 13
Publications Prior to SUSTC:
17. D. Tzeli, I. D. Petsalakis, G. Theodorakopoulos, D. Ajami, W. Jiang, J. Rebek, Jr.* Encapsulated Hydrogen-Bonded Dimers of Amide and Carboxylic Acid. Chem. Phys. Lett. 2012 548, 55–59. Times Cited: 2
16. W. Jiang, J. Rebek, Jr.* Guest-Induced, Selective Formation of Isomeric Capsules with Imperfect Walls. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012 134, 17498–17501. Times Cited: 5
15. W. Jiang, K. Tiefenbacher, D. Ajami, J. Rebek, Jr.* Hydrogen Bond Preferences Depend on Surrounding Structures. Chem. Sci. 2012 3, 3022–3025. Times Cited: 10
14. W. Jiang, D. Ajami, J. Rebek, Jr.* Alkane Length Determine Encapsulation Rates and Equilibria. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012 134, 8070–8073. Times Cited: 22
13. Z. Qi, P. Malo de Molina, W. Jiang, Q. Wang, K. Nowosinski, A. Schulz, M. Gradzielski, C. A. Schalley*, Systems Chemistry: Logic Gates Based on Stimuli-Responsive Gel-Sol Transition of A Crown-Ether-Functionalized Bis-urea Gelator. Chem. Sci. 2012, 3, 2073-2082. Times Cited: 71
12. W. Jiang, K. Nowosinski, N. Löw, E. V. Dzyuba, F. Klautzsch, A. Schäfer, J. Huuskonen, K. Rissanen, C. A. Schalley*, Chelate cooperativity and spacer length effects on the assembly thermodynamics and kinetics of divalent pseudorotaxanes. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 1860-1868. Times Cited: 40
11. W. Jiang, D. Sattler, K. Rissanen, C. A. Schalley*, Pseudorotaxanes with remarkable self-sorting selectivities. Org. Lett. 2011, 13, 4502-4505. Times Cited: 32
10. W. Jiang, Q. Wang, I. Linder, F. Klautzsch, C. A. Schalley*, Self-sorting of water-soluble cucurbituril pseudorotaxanes. Chem. Eur. J. 2011, 17, 2344-2348. Times Cited: 40
9. W. Jiang, C. A. Schalley*, Tandem mass spectrometry for the analysis of self-sorted pseudorotaxanes: The effects of Coulomb interactions. J. Mass Spectrom. 2010, 45, 788-798. Times Cited: 15
8. W. Jiang, C. A. Schalley*, Templated versus non-templated synthesis of benzo-21- crown-7 and the influence of substituents on its complexing properties. Beilstein. J. Org. Chem. 2010, 6, no.14. Times Cited: 15
7. W. Jiang, A. Schäfer, P. C. Mohr, C. A. Schalley*, Monitoring self-sorting by electro- spray ionization mass spectrometry: Formation pathways and error-correction during the self-assembly of multiply threaded pseudorotaxanes. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 2309-2320. Times Cited: 114
6. W. Jiang, M. Han, H.-Y. Zhang, Z.-J. Zhang, Y. Liu*, A double plug-socket system capable of molecular keypad locks through controllable photooxidation. Chem. Eur. J. 2009, 15, 9938-9945. Times Cited: 33
5. W. Jiang, C. A. Schalley*, Integrative self-sorting is a programming language for high level self-assembly. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2009, 106, 10425-10429. Times Cited: 98
4. W. Jiang, H. D. F. Winkler, C. A. Schalley*, Integrative self-sorting: Construction of a cascade-stoppered heterorotaxane. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 13852-13853. Times Cited: 138
3. Y. Liu*, M. Han, H.-Y. Zhang, L.-X. Yang, W. Jiang, A proton-triggered ON-OFF-ON fluorescent chemosensor for Mg(II) via twisted intramolecular charge transfer. Org. Lett. 2008, 10, 2873-2876. Times Cited: 42
2. W. Jiang, H.-Y. Zhang, Y. Liu*, The “off-on-off” and “on-off-on” behavior of 1,5-naphthalene-bridged bis-(crown ether) modulated by potassium ion. Acta Chim. Sinica 2008, 66, 531-535. Times Cited: 4
1. Y. Liu*, W. Jiang, H.-Y. Zhang, C.-J. Li, A multifunctional arithmetical processor model integrated inside a single molecule. J. Phys. Chem. B 2006, 110, 14231-14235. Times Cited: 65
12. Wei Jiang, Naphthalene-Based Macrocycles with Adaptive Cavities, Pacifichem 2015, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, Dec 15-20, 2015. (invitation declined)
11. Wei Jiang, Macrocyclic Receptors based on a Bis-Naphthalene Cleft, 9th National Organic Chemistry Conference, Jilin University, Jilin, China, July 28-31, 2015.
10. Wei Jiang, Macrocyclic Receptors based on a Bis-Naphthalene Cleft, 5th National Symposium on Pillararene, Jilin University, Changchun, China, July 26-27, 2015. (invited talk)
9. Wei Jiang, Personal Understanding on Supramolecular Chemistry, First Forum for Young Supramolecular Chemists. Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai, China, Dec. 12-14, 2014. (invited talk)
8. Wei Jiang, Imine Macrocycle with Deep Cavity: Controlling Imine Exchange Rate, 4th National Symposium on Pillararene, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, China, Nov. 21-22, 2014. (invited talk)
7. Wei Jiang, Dynamic Covalent Self-Assembly, the 17th National Symposium on Macrocyclic Chemistry & 9th National Symposium on Supramolecular Chemistry, Yanbian University, Yanji, China, Aug. 25-28, 2014. (invited talk)
6. Wei Jiang, Supramolecular Synthesis by Using Self-Sorting, Bohlmann Lecture & Schering Prize Ceremony, Technische Universität Berlin, Berlin, Germany, Oct. 14, 2011. (invited talk)
5. Wei Jiang, Supramolecular Synthesis via Integrative Self-Sorting, Chinese Symposium on Chemistry, Berlin, Germany, June 26, 2010. (invited talk)
4. Wei Jiang, Supramolecular Models for Understanding Nature’s Complexity, GCLB2010, Potsdam, Germany, June 13, 2010. (invited talk)
3. Wei Jiang, Multivalency: The Effect of Spacers, SFB 765 Symposium, Rheinsberg, Germany, Sept. 7-9, 2009. (invited talk)
2. Wei Jiang, Integrative Self-Sorting: Aiming at High Level Self-Assembly, 1st Doctoral Students’ Workshop DRS Molecular Science, Freie Universität Berlin, Berlin, Germany, Feb. 17, 2009. (invited talk)
1. Wei Jiang, Order and Law in Chemistry: Connected Self-Sorting within Multivalent Systems, G3 Workshop 2008 (Abrecht/Lützen/Schalley), Aachen, Germany, July 8-10, 2008. (invited talk)