Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is a public university founded in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
SUSTech offers an unparalleled learning and research experience at the scientific and technological frontiers.
SUSTech offers unprecedented opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to work alongside the faculty to explore and tackle both fundamental and practical problems.
The Global Engagement Office (GEO) is responsible for forming and implementing a coherent strategy to promote the University’s international development and global profile.
The undergraduate admission of SUSTech adopts comprehensive evaluation enrollment mode based on national college entrance examination.The graduate admission of SUSTech currently adopts joint training mode.
The main duties of SUSTCEF is to accept the donations from the domestic and foreign associations, enterprises, trading companies and individuals, and establish the funding projects depending on the demands of the university and the wishes of the donors.
About ShuRen Residential College
Idea and Mission
Idea is to establish a close community for the mutual exchange of learning between teachers and students in order to create the friendly and harmonious college life and a learning environment for students, offering the caring and coaching and holistic education and the formal and informal education opportunities so as to realize the supplementing with the formal courses each other, and aiming to cultivate the students' interpersonal skills, cultural taste, self-confidence and sense of responsibility.
We should inherit and carry forward traditional Chinese culture, especially develop the confucianism humanitarian spirit and promote the charity education idea. We should pay attention to cultivate the students' integrity and ability to assume the personal responsibilities, adhering to good words and good actions, helping others by helping themselves and laying the good foundation so as to give back to society, reserve talents for the country and enrich the life of students.
The implementation of the college system management is crucial to the educational reform test of the South University of Science and Technology of China (SUSTC for short). SUSTC is committed to cultivate the top-notch innovative talents, so it has implemented the "2 + 2" cultivating mode, and the specialty division is done in Junior. The college can strengthen students' sense of belonging and collective idea and create a good environment for the interaction between teachers and students. The teachers and students in different specialties and different grades can communicate with each other and learn from each other in college so that the teachers can guide and help the students on the studies and the life, the students’ new ideas can enlighten the teachers in turn for the promotion of both teaching and learning.
According to its school-running objective, SUSTC established ShuRen College on September 9, 2013. ShuRen College attaches importance to the cultivation of students' personality and the spread of the Chinese traditional culture, and simultaneously encourages students to pursue their own inclinations. The college aims to create a love and warm atmosphere for students and realize the close communication between teachers and students and growth together as peers.
The ShuRen College of SUSTC is a management and education department and the basic department of the student management, and especially responsible for the first two years regardless of professional of academic guidance, life guidance, thought teaching, life guidance and student activities, etc. of the students in first two years without the specialty division.
The college is to establish a close community for the mutual exchange of learning between teachers and students in order to provide the students a friendly and harmonious college life and a learning environment, offering the caring and coaching and quality-oriented education and the many formal and informal education opportunities so as to realize the supplementing with the formal courses each other, expanding the vision in different knowledge fields and improving their interests in the different disciplines; The college aims to cultivate the students' personal quality, skills training, interpersonal skills, cultural taste, self-confidence and sense of responsibility. Students can make good use of the scholarships and financial aid plan to give full play to the potential of personal growth. At the same time, the college pays attention to cultivate students' integrity and ability to assume the personal responsibilities, adhering to good words and good actions, helping others by helping themselves and laying the good foundation so as to give back to society, reserve talents for the country and enrich the life of students.
You Got to Have Heart Striving for Perfection
Book of Rites-University, said, “The purpose of the universities is to promote the above board morality, allow students to reject the old for the new and make them to achieve the most perfect state.”
The objective of the ShuRen College for cultivating talents is to cultivate students how to take a broad and long-term view and deal with people with kindness and love, educate and guide students to be broad-minded and kind; the purpose that the universities teach the students is to reveal the innately and naturally open and over board virtue (illustrating illustrious virtue), extend one's own feelings to others in order to make everybody can remove the old and make the new ( be close to and refresh civilians), and strive for perfection so as to achieve the most perfect state and keep it.
1. The highest basis of the personhood lies in schooling, while the highest objective of the schooling lies in how to conduct oneself.
2. To go to school is not only to pursue the knowledge, but also to learn how to conduct oneself in society and improve the internal cultivation.
3. Key Points of Self-Cultivation: To keep your words faithful and reliable, behaviors honest and respectful, punish resentment, eliminate the greed, conduct the active things and get rid of mistakes.
4. Key Points of Dealings: To keep humane and justice other than not pursue the personal gains; to declare the major principles other than care about utilitarianism.
5. Key Points of Dealing with People: Don't do to others what you don't want others to do to you; search one’s soul and find the cause from your own for the failure, setback, difficulties or poor personal relationship.
6. Generous, faithful and trustworthy as well as enaction and agile.
Rules and Regulations for Learning
The students of the ShuRen College should deeply understand the spirit of the college at first. The sages and distinguished men in the past argued that the objective of the teaching and learning was to make them to understand the rules so as to achieve the culture of mind and body and then extend one's own feelings to others; and not just to make them to have wide learning and a retentive memory so as to write the magnificent articles, compliment them on their skills and seek the fames and fortunes.
1. It is important to keep the study pace with the personhood, and more important to integrate both into one. The highest basis of the personhood lies in schooling, while the highest objective of the schooling lies in how to conduct oneself.
2. The center base of the school and personhood is to love family, teachers and friends, country, nation and human. The goal of the school and personhood is to understand the human culture and make contributes to the social undertakings.
3. To get rid of the ego utility and break the shallow concept that to go to school is to pursue the career and seniority. The career is targeted to the individual, while the undertakings are for the masses. One with the aspiration of the successful career does not worry about no career, while one who concentrates one’s attention to seeking career does not necessarily can achieve one’s career.
4. The supreme mental state of finishing studies and achieving causes is to love nature, society, human history and culture, all knowledge and friends and teachers who teach me.
5. The achievement of the professional close to one’s talent and character shall be made on the basis of the extensive knowledge. You must firstly lay a profound foundation and then become professionals.
6. Key Points of Self-Cultivation, Dealings and Dealing with People: To keep your words faithful and reliable, behaviors honest and respectful, punish resentment, eliminate the greed, conduct the active things and get rid of mistakes; to keep humane and justice other than not pursue the personal gains; to declare the major principles other than care about utilitarianism; don't do to others what you don't want others to do to you; search one’s soul and find the cause from your own for the failure, setback, difficulties or poor personal relationship.
7. A living integrated person should have the knowledge in many aspects; but with the knowledge in many aspects, one can't become a living integrated person. One must perfect one own personality in search of knowledge, and never seek knowledge purely at the cost of losing one own personality.
8. To go to school is not only to pursue the knowledge, but also to learn how to conduct oneself in society and improve the internal cultivation. In the daily life of the school, you will create your future cause, and the inner cultivation in school will shape your personality in the future.
9. The school rules are the expressions of you wills; the school ethos reveal your temperament; the whole life of the school and all spirit are the beginning of your studies and careers.
In order to create a civilized, united and positive college atmosphere and a good learning environment, develop good study and living habits, the convention shall be formulated made according to the related school rules and actual situation.
Article 1- This convention shall play a role in the specification and guidance to the life of the peoples in the college life and the activities within the scope of the
Article 2- This convention shall be applicable to all people who live in the ShuRen College of SUSTC, including teachers, students, visitors, etc.
Article 3 –The personnel living in college should be united, friendly, tolerant and modest, mutual-respect, care for public property, consciously obey the management of the college administrators, as well as be of self-discipline, self-respect and self-management in order to work together for the realization of the purpose of this convention.
Article 4- Compliance with school work attendance checking system. The students of the college should study hard, not cut school, not be late, not leave early, help each other and monitor and remind each other in order to create a thick learning atmosphere.
Article 5- Compliance with the college dormitory management system. During the self-study and lunch break, and after 23 PM, the students shall not make noise, play chess or cards, etc. in the dormitory, and It is strictly prohibited for the drinking and gambling behaviors in the dormitory. It is strictly prohibited to bring the game consoles, pornographic books and periodicals, sharp instruments and others into the dormitory as well as raise pets in the college.
Article 6 - Compliance with the college leave system. The sleepovers should be strictly prohibited, and one who can't go back to the dormitory on time in the evening should inform the roommates; when finding that a roommate fails to go back to the dormitory on time, one shall contact she or he timely and shall report it to the related responsible personnel when necessary; ones must not stay in others’ dormitory.
Article 7- Saving water and electricity: The electric stoves, electric heaters and other electricity consumers cannot be used in the dormitory; the power connection without permission shall not be allowed; the dormitory safety work should be conducted earnestly.
Article 8-The students should pay attention to hygiene, take good care of public properties, adhere to clean the dormitory every day and tide up the bedding after getting up, indoor always keep the room neat and tidy, not splash water to the corridor and out of the window as well as do not litter, spit everywhere and scratch.
Article 9- The students should make the rational use of the computers, be encouraged to use the computers for learning other than indulge themselves into the computer network, games, chats and other behaviors influencing the study.
Article 10- Compliance with the college visitor management system: The visitors should register their names and units as well as the name and room number of the person to be visited. The outsiders shall not stay in the college in order to maintain the normal rest of the insiders.